Tuesday 13 November 2012

Off to PARIS...

I'm off to Paris on Thursday for 3 days with my students, hoping to visit the D'Orsay and the Pompideu along with lots of sights.  Will be taking my 35mm camera to shoot some black and white films as i've never shot Paris in Black and White before.  Will be visiting Off Print Paris which is linked into Paris Photo 2012.  It will be full of self publishers and small publishing houses.  Very bespoke and 99% photographic books but I go every year and each year it gets bigger and better so i'm looking forward to that.

About to start writing up the book fair as my work experience and i'm also going to include all my bookbinding teaching aids that I have created for my students as I feel it's all relevant work experience. I'm starting to put my final books together for the January hand-in for my reflective project.  This one is based on my love letters zine and i've been busy on my portable typewriters again!

 



I could happily play typewriters indefinitely but more books need to be made so i'm finishing compiling the images into a final book, it's hard to decide if less is more or the more the merrier because i've still got loads of word play left in me but I may err on the side of caution and go with the 'you can have too much of a good thing theory!'


No comments:

Post a Comment